This week’s changelog covers more work transitioning from the first cutscene to Act 2, including the ability to skip the cutscene and advance directly to Act 2. It’s amazing how many different things you need to account for in those circumstances — stopping audio and animations, making sure all scheduled events are cancelled, and so on. I’m sure I missed something in there. I also now have separate scripts for all of the Church items, including datablock and object initialization, as well as doMethod scripts. This was done because the Church objects change from Act to Act, and it’s easier to separate them from the rest of the objects to keep better track of them. We also have a few new models to play with, as well as a new list of items for NR to tackle to round out the Act 2 material I missed the first time around.
========= CHANGELOG =========
One week period leading up to 2014-05-12:
– Continued reorganizing code to account for Act 2 material
– Added code to allow skipping of first cutscene with transition to Act 2
– Better transition code to Act 2 with appropriate fadein of Act text
– Created new, separate scripts (initialization and doMethods) for all Church items
– Finalized new models for Matteo for Act 2 (NR)
– Created devil head for devil prayer (NR)
– Generated new set of art assets for NR to cover missing pieces from Act 2
Enjoyed this article? Subscribe to The Monk's Brew RSS feed.