Only a few items to discuss this week. The new hare object for Act 2 needed a slight adjustment, so NR took care of that, and the final hare object was loaded in. We began the process of fixing one of Constantin’s idle animations for Act 2, as well as starting on a few new ones for both Constantin and Ignatius. Also, with the last devil arm completed for the prayer spell, I got those items exported and inserted into the main working directory, and started on the code to put everything together. Finally, I discovered something new an unexpected from the Torque scripting language that I never realized all this time: the random number function getRandom(), when passed a single number X as an argument, returns a random number between 0 and X. My previous experiences with languages has always been that a function like that returns a random number between 0 and (X-1). Fortunately, this didn’t create too many issues as I typically accounted for values out of the expected range, but it did make for some slightly puzzling behaviors that I now understand.
========= CHANGELOG =========
One week period leading up to 2014-06-23:
- Final hare object completed, exported, and placed in the game for Act 2 (NR)
- Hare object transform tweaked so it appears appropriately in the inventory screen
- Found a new bug: Trying to REMOVE the stone in Matteo’s room in Act 2 produces the “Can’t see any such thing” error
- All devil arms exported with animations, and objects and textures loaded into the working directory
- Started working on code for the devil prayer to put zodiacs and arms together
- Began fixing Constantin’s idleC animation for Act 2 (NR)
- Began new idle animations for Constantin and Ignatius for Act 2 (NR)
- Discovered and addressed previously unexpected random number generator behavior
This week’s screenshot shows the final hare object in position in Act 2 in Constantin’s room, with Constantin preparing for bed in the background.
Enjoyed this article? Subscribe to The Monk's Brew RSS feed.